The small missional community in Knowle West has welcomed a number of bishops to Lee Abbey House in the last few months, and enjoyed the discussions and prayers during each visit (in chronological order):
- As a religious community acknowledged by the Church of England, the community’s episcopal visitor is the Rt Revd Dr Alan Smith, bishop of St Albans.
- The Rt Revd Chris Edmondson, chair of trustees of Scargill Movement and former bishop of Bolton, stayed overnight with his wife Susan, chair of trustees of the Lee Abbey small missional communities.
- The Rt Revd Patrick Gidudu, bishop of Mbale, stayed for a few nights, with his wife Cannon Dr Hannah on his official visit to the diocese of Bristol, representing the Bristol-Uganda Link.
- Bishop Bernard Morris, new bishop of the Church of God of Prophecy’s Region 3, is the senior pastor of one of our local churches and attends every Knowle West Churches Together meeting held at Lee Abbey House.
- This month, the Rt Revd Viv Faull, new bishop of Bristol, came with her chaplain Revd Canon Dr Martin Gainsborough to meet the community members and hear about the work of the community.
And this week, community member Aggy is attending ceremonies at York Minster and Lambeth Palace, hearing from both UK Anglican Archbishops:
- the enthronement of the Rt Revd Emma Ineson, bishop of Penrith, and
- the celebration marking 25 years of women ordination in the Church of England.