We are seeking new community members
We are a group of Christians living together, active in our local area. We would love more people to join our community.
Live in community for a year or more
- move to a new area and be part of our existing networks
Join something established…
- tried and tested Rule of Life: 70 years of Lee Abbey and 25 years in Knowle West
- with local support, community members are not isolated
… shape something new
- with an undefined role, freedom to sense God’s promptings
Top ten reasons
Two past community members shared their top five benefits of being a Lee Abbey SMC member, so here’s the combined top ten:
- It’s delightful to share your life with other people, being around for those memorable non-scheduled times of life
- Recognising you don’t have to do everything by yourself
- Being a place of hospitality: giving and receiving creates a rich environment and plenty of good discussions and food
- We touch base every day through prayer
- Hearing about and sharing what God is doing in the lives of those we live with.
- Daily prayer
- Deep companionship
- Shared skills and knowledge
- Shared mission
- Shared perspectives
Get a flavour of what you would be joining
We are seeking:
- committed Christians who are called by God to live in community (including eating and praying together, supporting and serving one another).
- people to come and join the existing community members.
- people called by God to minister and share the love of God with the people of Aston or Knowle West
- people who are passionate about using their gifts to serve God in Aston or Knowle West with the local church and community groups.
- people who are able to contribute to the financial upkeep of the community, through employment or other means.
- people who will worship with and support/resource the local churches.
How does the Lee Abbey Movement support the Small Missional Communities?
- A local support group that meets four times a year with the community, and is available between those times for support, prayer and a listening ear.
- The Lee Abbey Movement prays regularly for the Small Missional Communities.
- Regular retreats with the other Lee Abbey communities for renewal and training.