We are a group of Christians living together, active in our local area. We would love more people to join our community.
Live in community for a year or more
- move to a new area and be part of our existing networks
Join something established…
- tried and tested Rule of Life: 70 years of Lee Abbey and 25 years in Knowle West
- with local support, community members are not isolated
… shape something new
- with an undefined role, freedom to sense God’s promptings
Two past community members shared their top five benefits of being a Lee Abbey SMC member, so here’s the combined top ten:
- It’s delightful to share your life with other people, being around for those memorable non-scheduled times of life
- Recognising you don’t have to do everything by yourself
- Being a place of hospitality: giving and receiving creates a rich environment and plenty of good discussions and food
- We touch base every day through prayer
- Hearing about and sharing what God is doing in the lives of those we live with.
- Daily prayer
- Deep companionship
- Shared skills and knowledge
- Shared mission
- Shared perspectives
We are seeking community members to join us in blessing our local area:
- committed Christians who are called by God to live the costly adventure of community
- people to come and join the existing community members for at least one year
- people called by God to minister and share the love of God with the people of Knowle West or Aston
- people who are passionate about using their gifts to serve God in Knowle West or Aston with the local churches and community groups
- people who are able to contribute to the financial upkeep of the community, through employment or other means
The discernment and application process takes several months from the first expression of interest. This period of exploration includes a phone conversation, visiting the community, references, interview and an enhanced DBS check.
Community membership is only available to individuals legally allowed to reside in the UK.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and adults and expect all who join community to share this commitment. As part of the application process, references and enhanced DBS checks will be requested.