Lee Abbey Friends are committed
- to Christ as Saviour and Lord
- to work through prayer and witness for the conversion of others
- to regular prayer, for the renewal of the Church, for the work of Lee Abbey and for other Lee Abbey Friends
Join us! See below for the form and membership details.
The Lee Abbey Friends of Jesus, partners in ministry, are an essential part of the Lee Abbey Movement and have provided vital prayer support for our work and ministry since the Lee Abbey Movement began in 1946. The Movement has now grown into an extensive and varied ministry throughout the UK, and includes Lee Abbey Devon, Lee Abbey London, and Small Missional Communities in Bristol, Birmingham and London (Diocese partnership) and a full time Movement Missioner. Each of these ministries is dependent on the committed prayerful support of the Friends.
Rule of Life
Many Friends choose to live our community `rule of life’:
responding to Christ’s love, we seek to…
- worship him and seek his will through regular prayer, Biblical reflection and joining with others for fellowship and communion
- deepen our personal commitment recognising that our minds, time talents, possessions and relationships, as gifts from God, are to be increasingly surrendered to him
- share his saving love through our attitudes, lives and relationships
- live in openness and honesty being open to be known for who we are, accepting one another in love and saying nothing of others that could not be said to them personally if love and wisdom required it
- help build community where we live, work and worship
- respect and serve all others welcoming the stranger, being a voice for the voiceless and working to alleviate poverty and injustice
- cherish and protect God’s creation which God the Father loves and entrusts to our care
…trusting in the help of the Holy Spirit
- to pray for you
- to send you a copy of Rapport magazine every four months, packed with news, stories, articles and reflections from across the Movement. We will also include Prayer Partners our daily prayer guide, to help you pray effectively for the work of Lee Abbey
- to send you a copy of Called by God, a booklet of daily reading and reflections based on the Lee Abbey Rule of Life
- to offer a Friends Week as detailed in the Devon programme where we will gather for fun and fellowship and the opportunity of standing together in prayer for God’s provision for the coming year
- to put you in touch with one of the 29 Friends Groups worldwide, that regularly meet together to support one another in fellowship and prayer for the Lee Abbey Movement
Click the button below to download the enrolment form. Please print, fill in both pages, and post them all to Lee Abbey (don’t send them to your bank). We’ll do the rest.
We ask for a minimum donation of £25.00 per annum towards the cost of the ministry of the Lee Abbey Movement and the cost of producing Rapport magazine. If this is not possible for you, please just give what you can.
If you are a UK tax payer, then completing a Gift Aid Declaration is an easy way of allowing Lee Abbey to reclaim the tax you have already paid on your donation.
Want more details? Contact us online, or phone us on 01598 754247.
Thank you so much for your partnership with us!