Lee Abbey Friends are committed
- to Christ as Saviour and Lord
- to work through prayer and witness for the conversion of others
- to regular prayer, for the renewal of the Church, for the work of Lee Abbey and for other Lee Abbey Friends
Many Lee Abbey Friends also commit to following our community ‘Rule of Life’.
NEW: Friends social hubs
Connect with other Lee Abbey Friends on social media with the same interests, share stories and pray for each other.
Who the Friends are
The Lee Abbey Friends of Jesus, partners in ministry, are an essential part of the Lee Abbey Movement and have provided vital prayer support for our work and ministry since the Lee Abbey Movement began in 1946. The Movement has now grown into an extensive and varied ministry throughout the UK, and includes Lee Abbey Devon, Lee Abbey London, and Small Missional Communities in Bristol, Birmingham and London (Diocese partnership) and a full time Movement Missioner. Each of these ministries is dependent on the committed prayerful support of the Friends.
- to pray for you
- to send you a copy of Rapport magazine every four months, packed with news, stories, articles and reflections from across the Movement. We will also include Prayer Partners our daily prayer guide, to help you pray effectively for the work of Lee Abbey
- to send you a copy of Called by God, a booklet of daily reading and reflections based on the Lee Abbey Rule of Life
- to offer a Friends Week as detailed in the Devon programme where we will gather for fun and fellowship and the opportunity of standing together in prayer for God’s provision for the coming year
- to put you in touch with one of the 23 Friends Groups in the UK, that regularly meet together to support one another in fellowship and prayer for the Lee Abbey Movement. (There is also a Friends Group in Hungary and one in India)